Wednesday Morning
Good morning all, Oh boy is it cold this morning. I am up early but this time it isn't Dan's fault there was no howling when Denzil left for work but next doors dogs were barking instead. Anyway, not a problem it is just very cold so I had better not freeze myself. Yesterday was a wonderful day Denny and I had a purge on the shiny things which when clean make the whole place look better I hope you agree.
One corner of the dining room is now spotless and pristine, the cupboard under the display has also been cleaned out and all the dross removed. Now all I have left are the three other corners to clear tidy and clean. As it requires a step ladder to do the tops it is really a two person job otherwise you are up and down the ladder a hundred times. Anyway, I am pleased with the results. I know this is taking forever but it is being done well and much of the unnecessary junk is being discarded.
Cleaning the oven got demoted to the bottom of the list but it is not that bad a job as I put most of the wracks through the dishwasher first which loosens the dirt and makes them easy to scrub and fortunately the oven door dismantles easily so I can clean the glass.
As for the bread, I saw a very nice recipe for a garlic soup which is largely bread which disintegrates and thickens the soup which is then let down with some single cream. And as you say, Joy, it is definitely soup time. I might give that a try and see how it turns out. If I use a good stock it should be fine.
Today I have a load or two of washing to do as the beds got stripped off yesterday - is there anything nicer than to snuggle down in a cloud of crisp snowy white cotton bedding? After spending most of the morning scrubbing I was poleaxed tired and fell asleep very early having eaten a nice Chinese takeaway.
Ok that's it for this morning I am off to get dressed as I am getting colder by the minute then I will get stuck into the garlic soup idea and see how it goes. I don't have any single cream but I could make some in the thermomix as I always have unsalted butter and milk available.
Have a good day and wrap up warm it is perishing.

It looks lovely in the photo, Diane. Well worth taking the time and getting it exactly as you want it, I think.
ReplyDeleteIt's perishing here too. I need to take as trip to the freezer but am delaying the evil moment!
xx
Ooh, lovely sparkly glass ware and I thoroughly approve of the properly shaped vases too!
ReplyDelete