Sunday morning
Wow, what a storm we had last night there were a couple of claps of thunder which seemed directly overhead and shook the house. Interestingly the dogs were totally unphased natural noise must sound different to them.
I have some mackerel left over from yesterdays lunch so I will make that into pate and it will be served with toast for supper tonight. In the end, I succumbed to bubble a squeak as I really love it, especially with sprouts. I love anything made with mashed potatoes as they are so nice and comforting on a cold winter day.
By the way, Marjorie, thanks for the recipe for the butternut squash and coconut milk soup. I think I have all the ingredients so that too might be on the menu either today or tomorrow. I was thinking of you as I played with the duck legs and remembered your delicious confit duck.
Since my sister has disappeared from my life I have been able to ignore all the political nonsense but I did have to have a laugh at the thought of this European army idea. I had visions of Dads Army but with no one speaking the same language. I'm sure this is fertile ground for a situation comedy, make the quartermaster an Italian and they will have lots of pasta and tomatoes but no guns or tanks. If they think Brexit is difficult wait until they try that one. Can you imagine what fun Montey Python would have with this idea? I am sitting here chuckling at the very thought!!!!! I vividly remember we had a piece of new monitoring equipment to use in theatre but it came from Sweden and no one could read the instructions so they had to ring the manufacturer and get them to talk through how to use it when they discovered no one could make sense of the readout so the professor who came up with the idea was contacted so he could explain what was coming from the machine. And all of this while the patient was asleep on the table!!!!! Fortunately, it was an anaesthetic toy so there was no impact on the patient.
Well, that's about it for this morning I need more coffee and to get dressed before I get frozen. The plastic ice cubes seem to be filled with water and I really only need them for quickly cooling down dishes and keeping greens a vibrant green by stopping the cooking. As yet I have not had occasion to use them however I have a recipe for a pink grapefruit jelly which has rather taken my fancy so I might get some from the shops and give it a go.
You're so right, Monty Python would have a field day!
ReplyDeletexx