Saturday morning

Good morning all it is a beautiful sunny day here and believe it or not as I passed by the patio on my way to the freezer I stuck a finger in a pot to test for moisture and it is as dry as a bone despite the rain we have had.  I guess watering is a job for today.  Yesterday went according to plan with a few hiccups but nothing dramatic or even vaguely interesting.  After my discussions with the consultant, I decided to throw caution to the wind and went for a walk up the road to the nearest shop which is a matter of a few hundred yards and I had to stop 4 times. 2 getting there and 2 getting back which just goes to show how badly I am functioning physically.  Fortunately, I can do the stairs in one hit and I am fine pottering about if I go out with the dogs I don't think they will consider it a walk! unless I take them somewhere they can be off lead and have a good run.  I am a little bit worried about lead walking them as I don't think I am strong enough to hold them if they decided to chase something.  

I have made a decision about the crewelwork I am not going to purchase anything else until I have used up all the yarn I already have and as the council have opened up several more clothes banks I might take a car ride and get rid of some of the stuff I have already made.  The hope is that it will keep someone warm come the winter.  I spent quite some time crocheting yesterday and my hands are a little stiff this morning so I will give myself a day off and spend the time in the kitchen I have some leftover roast pork which froze and I would like to make a Thai side dish with some summer greens I have so that will keep me out of mischief for a while.  I made a salad yesterday with a cream dressing something I have never done before but it was lovely and fewer calories than an oil-based dressing.  I have tried the lemon and honey type but I don't like them as number one I am not fond of honey and secondly, I don't like a sweet salad unless it is a fruit salad.  I try to avoid sugar where possible so you will notice no recipes for desserts or cakes from me.  I must admit I do like carbs and would miss them if I tried a keto diet though most of the food is to my liking.  

Well that's about it for this morning time is a wasting and I have some chores to do so I will wish you a lovely day and go and get on.

Comments

  1. Well done for completing the walk! Do you feel this is something you could do regularly?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is something I need to do but it is difficult to motivate yourself when the end result is not appealing. However I have slogged away this morning hoovering gardening and cooking. Sadly walking is something I have never enjoyed for it’s own sake only as a means to something else.

      Delete
  2. I always used to need a purpose for my walks though it's worn off now. How about Really inefficient shopping - back and forth for one thing at time? Or just accepting 'getting fitter' as a purpose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the inefficient shopping that’s how Tesco is with the one way system I end up going round and round because I have forgotten some trivial item. Tomorrow I intend to do a morning of inefficient and expensive shopping at Macknades. I have been wondering why I don’t like walking and I think it dates back to boarding school when every Sunday we were route marched in a crocodile up and down the Warminster road in Bath. We used to absolutely dread the event. I don’t mind walking if there is a reason but just walking makes no sense to me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning