Wednesday morning
Good morning all I am up bright and early this morning and enjoying the cool air flowing into the house. Yesterday was a bit on the hot side for me but to my great joy John the window cleaner was passing by with his ladders so he called in and ended up chopping down most of the hydrangea that was causing problems. Denzil chopped most of it up and it filled two large wheelie bins which are out for collection today. The chunkier pieces of wood will go up onto the bonfire and get burned off at some point. I was hugely relieved that there is no major damage to the gas pipe or the overflow pipe which is now broken in pieces. John thought it shouldn't be a problem as the overflow will now just go onto the garage roof instead of into the soakaway so there is no urgency to make repairs.
Still no sign of the pond guy so I might have to give him another nudge or look for someone else. My veg box didn't arrive yesterday so I am out of most things and I think I will have to go to the shops and restock. So today's lunch is going to be some seafood and pasta with a small salad of the remaining iceberg lettuce. In the freezer, I have some spinach and peas but that's it. The tomatoes in the greenhouse are nowhere near ready to pick but the gooseberries are looking good and beginning to turn red. I think a gooseberry crumble is on the cards soon.
I was quite pleased with myself as I managed to strip down and clean one side of the kitchen including three very grubby windows - it is a constant battle to keep the kitchen clean especially when you cook quite a bit. People who eat out of packets or the microwave have lovely pristine kitchens. Well, that is my excuse and I am sticking to it.
If I am going shopping I had better get myself organised and dressed and it would be nice to get it done before it gets too hot. Have a lovely day and enjoy the heat if that is your thing.
Great news about the overflow and gas pipes - what a star your window cleaner is.
ReplyDeleteYou too, doing all that cleaning in the kitchen - and that reminds me; the dishwasher has finished and there's more to go in so I'd better look to it!
Have a great day.
xx