Sunday Morning
Good morning all. Can you believe my outdoor thermometer is reading 13.2ºC and there is a chilly breeze but that is so much better than the heat? We had some rain yesterday which pleased me as it meant I didn't have to water. I had a pretty lazy day and did little but at 3pm I went and collected my shopping from Tesco's click and collect which was a first for me. It is extremely well organised you just park up and wait to be called forward then everything is loaded into the car and away you go. It is much less stressful than all the searching for stuff then in the trolley, on the belt, back in the trolley into the car then unloading and putting away.
I had a nice chat with Sandy yesterday and she is still suffering badly with the after-effects of her hospital stay. She has always been a busy person and now she is very limited by her breathlessness which may be permanent due to the scaring of her lungs from the virus only time will tell. She is also very tired which is also a post-viral problem. I wish the idiots on the beach could meet her and realise just what a terrible thing they are risking for others or themselves and all for a day on the beach.
Today because Denzil has the day off we are going to have a chicken which I am going to spatchcock just for a change and hopefully, there will be enough leftover for supper tonight. I also managed to get some pigs liver which is a treat for the dogs so I am going to make a liver cake which is their favourite. Once baked I cut it into chunks and freeze it and they have it like icecream straight out of the freezer.
The garden is looking good with a bit of water and my bamboo has gone crazy and puts a whole new meaning on bamboo shoots.
Well, that about it for this morning I am off to the greenhouse for an inspection and then I will get on with the day's chores as I know by this afternoon I will be out of gas and then I can sit and knit. Have a good day stay safe and take good care of yourselves.

I'm glad you were able to have a good chat with Sandie and totally agree with you about those idiots. If they want to risk their own health, that's one thing, but there are always knock on effects including cost of their treatment as well as the chance if infecting others. It's very selfish.
ReplyDeleteI know people need to go out, but there's a way to get your fresh air and crowding on a beach is not at all wise.
Hoping Sandie improves more.
xx