Tuesday morning

Good morning all another sunny one but I believe that we are due some rain by the end of the week which will be most welcome.  At 6am I was in the greenhouse doing some weeding as it was cool enough to get the job done once the sun is beating on the glass it gets too hot to work.

As we have now been let off the hook somewhat I went to visit Tak yesterday and we sat in her garden while her new puppy Kombu and Dan got to know each other.  It has been very difficult for her to properly socialise her during the lockdown.  She is a real character and barked and growled at Dan who just looked confused she is about the size of a Yorkshire terrier and with a similar attitude.  Dan is not familiar with puppies anymore since Tubby has grown up and he really didn't know what to make of Kombu.  Anyway, it was nice to get out of the house for a while and have a change of scenery.

I wandered around the garden with the camera and took some photos of some of the best blooms which are loving the sun.




The roses are making a very good show at the moment and I am hoping the lilies will also be just as spectacular.  

For lunch, I made chicken with cream and mushrooms served with rice.  I cooked quite a lot of rice as I had ideas for the leftovers but James beat me to it and made arancini which we had for supper and like true heathens we ate them with tomato ketchup.  In the centre of each was a cube of cheddar cheese as we didn't have any mozzarella but they were lovely anyway.



On the menu today we have homemade burgers and all the trimmings at the men's request which is fine by me a love it when I am given some hint of what they might like it is difficult always coming up with something for our meals and not falling into the trap of mince on Monday and sausages on Tuesday.  My veg box is due today so we will have fresh supplies. 

Ok that's about it for this morning I am already sneezing like crazy and the weather forecast warned that the pollen levels are very high at the moment so we really do need some rain and not only for the garden but it will lay the dust in the air for the all of us.  Have a good day are you enjoying having a bit more freedom?

Comments

  1. I have a friend coming over this afternoon too and am very much looking forward to it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to start seeing people again but still with great care.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning