Friday morning

Good morning all.  Much better today and thank you for the good wishes.  It finally dawned on me what had happened the day before I tried to breathe a cup of tea which sent me into paroxysms of coughing and I have pulled muscles I didn't know I had.  Anyway, a day emulating a sloth has done the trick and though I am still sore I am not in pain.

We had a lovely lunch yesterday as the boys got a fish platter from the fishmonger.  It had a multitude of shellfish and a dressed crab each.  James made some mayonnaise and a tomato salad and Denzil got us a French stick to go with it.  There is still loads left so it will be on the menu again today with an assortment of salads.

The garage at the top of the road still has no petrol they have had two deliveries both of them diesel which is not much use if your vehicle uses petrol.  Denzil has no choice but to wait until they have petrol as he is running on fumes at the moment.

I have been tasked with deboning some chicken thighs as James wants to make a curry.  At the top of the road, we have an Indian shop which stocks all the curry ingredients including fresh coriander which Tesco have run out of.

The local paper has been threatening us with heat waves or deluges and guess what now they are threatening snow!  So far they have proved wrong and I hope this too is wrong who needs snow in October.  At the moment it is chilly windy and wet which is correct for this time of year.

Well, that's about it for this morning I had better get on with the chicken thighs and no doubt the dogs will keep me company and hope to get the bones they were very unimpressed with yesterdays lunch.  Stay safe and warm and have a good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning