Friday morning
Good morning all it is another chilly one here after a day of rain yesterday at least it is dry. I had some fun in the kitchen yesterday making the pommes dauphine. First, was it worth the effort and the answer is yes, even the fur babies were impressed. I cut the recipe by half but it was still too much for us so the dogs had a portion too. Imagine if you will all that is delicious about chips and all that is delicious about mash and combine the two. It seemed quite weird to make a choux dough and add mash to it but the end result was very nice. As you can see I didn't use a piping bag just blobs off a spoon.
If I ever make them again I think a small piece of cheese in the middle would be great. Anyway, I think they were a success. I was a little concerned as halfway through making them I remembered that I had promised to visit my Japanese friend so dumped everything midway and dashed up to see her. Anyway, nothing came to any harm and I continued when I returned.
Today Denzil is taking my car to have the wing mirror fixed - yes some idiot knocked it off again, it is one of the prices you pay for having to park in the road which is really not that wide. The pavement is quite wide so I often park with a wheel on the pavement which allows for a pedestrian with a pram or wheelchair to pass and also keeps the car out of the way of passing traffic though I know it is strictly not legal. Replacing wing mirrors is an expensive pass time.
Today we were destined to go to the oriental grocer but if the car takes up too much time that will get put on the back burner. I have a meal already to roll if we have to cancel the trip and I have plenty of cleaning to keep me occupied.
Have a good day all and stay warm winter is really here.

Your poor car - it really has had a doing recently, hasn't it?
ReplyDeletexx
Yep it is just unlucky I guess but there are some pretty bad drivers around.
ReplyDeleteHow annoying about the wing mirror. I wonder, would it be worth investigating having one of those folding mirrors?
ReplyDeleteFolding mirrors are great but the cost to add would be prohibitive. I have checked all land rover bits are very costly. Fortunately this only costing £20
ReplyDelete