Friday Morning

Good morning all a tiny bit warmer this morning after a really cold day yesterday.  Once you get cold it is really hard to get warm again especially if you are not able to run around.  In the end, I decided to make burgers for the boys and I had some stuffed mushrooms and then with the pork mince I made oriental type meatballs which I poached in some stock and served with my favourite vegetable, curly kale.  This kale came from Riverford and so had not been chopped to pieces like the supermarket stuff.  This meant I could remove the tough centre stem of the leaf and just lightly cook the leaf.  I have bought some of the supermarket stuff and then spent 20 minutes picking through it to remove the tough stalks.  Why do they do that?  If you cook it straight from the packet it takes ages to soften the tough stuff by which time the delicate leaf is destroyed.  

Today I am hoping that Denzil is going to take me to See Woo the oriental grocer in Woolwich, where I hope to buy some Korean red pepper paste which is central to much of their cooking.  I have seen several recipes that I fancy making but I lack some vital ingredients.  I also need to stock up on ramen noodles and some rice paper pancakes both of which are rather popular in this house.  I can get all these things online but they cost considerably more.  Tiny bottles of soy sauce are pretty useless when you need half a cup to marinate something.  Anyway, we will see if I finally get there as every time we are set to go something turns up to stop the trip.

I had my nails done yesterday so now I am all ready and decorated for the festive season, oh and by the way I found a photo of the shiny trousers I purchased which are difficult to describe.  The fabric has the most minute pleat in it and as they are nice a loose in the winter I can wear my silk long johns under them for warmth and in the summer they are very lightweight.


Well, the household is now awake and we need to get our act together so I had better stop scribbling and do something constructive.  Have a lovely day and at least it is a bit warmer here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning