Monday morning
Good morning all. Yesterday was long and tedious with me feeling like a dead dog all day. I went and did a bit of shopping but my heart wasn't in it so I ended up with a strange assortment of stuff and couldn't wait to get back home. I bought some oxtail which is in a pot making an oxtail stew which still requires a couple of hours before the meat is tender. I thought I might serve it with soft polenta and some courgettes which are languishing in the fridge. I also got some pork ribs which are going in the oven with some sort of a barbeque type sauce. I also got ingredients to make sushi which I rather fancy at the moment.
I felt so rough that I didn't bother eating until Denzil was home but kept myself well hydrated. It is very difficult to eat when you are nauseated but I did manage some pasta and salad so I am not likely to fade away anytime soon.
I had to laugh at the dogs who asked me for breakfast then turned their noses up at a bowl of biscuits. Then trying not to move my head as I made my way across the kitchen I kicked the dog's bowl and biscuits went far a wide all across the kitchen and dining room. I looked at the mess in dismay and cringed at the thought of having to clear it all up. So I berated the dogs and told them it was their fault so they could clear up the mess and to my surprise that is exactly what they did. They motored around like little hoovers and demolished all the biscuits. I was much relieved they obviously thought it was some kind of new game. Now if only I could train them to do the rest of the housework!!!! Dan has just come to say good morning and put a paw on the delete key and deleted a whole paragraph. Typing is not his forte with paws the size of dinner plates he is definitely handicapped.
Well, I am going to make a start in the kitchen while I still have the will and get the oxtail on for some more cooking. The thermomix makes good polenta so that is easy and it will only take moments to run up a barbeque sauce and get the ribs in the oven. Then if I do nothing else at least we have meals ready when we want them. I think I will save the sushi making until I feel a bit more human.
Have a good day all and stay warm.....
Well done, dogs! Really sorry you're still feeling so awful though.
ReplyDeletexxx
It will pass and hopefully I will get my appointment soon lets hope it is something fixable.
ReplyDeleteDogs are really just children with fur on, I think! It's much more fun to do something you don't really expect them to do. This is in my bowl, no interest, but if it has fallen on the floor then I'd better snap it up while I can!
ReplyDelete