Saturday morning

Good morning all well I am back in the land of the living having had a very nice time with my ex-workmates.


This is a photo of us all at the Dragon Tan in Tunbridge Wells so you can put names to faces from the left is Shiona, Bernard, Di, Patrick and me.  It was lovely to get together again after some 30 years since we worked as a team.  Bernard being Chinese had ordered all the food and it just kept coming, in the end, we were so stuffed we couldn't finish it all and it was packed up for our respective dogs.  I drove us back to Shiona's so she could have a drink but was able to navigate which was just as well as it was horribly foggy.  I hardly managed to sleep at all and set off back home bright and early to avoid the traffic but when I got home I went straight back to bed and slept for a couple of hours.  The dogs were delighted with their Chinese breakfast even though Dan was quite unsure it was edible once Tubby had devoured his Dan too got stuck in.

Bernard, being the kind soul he is, paid the bill and we were not allowed to even contribute.  

Today I have to go shopping as the cupboard is bare and we really need some supplies.  The freezer is run down and has little of use in it but some frozen vegetables and gallons of homemade stock. 

I did buy a second lot of the reusable ice cubes as they are the answer to a prayer and much easier than making ice in the freezer.  I don't like ice in drinks but I do need ice from time to time to cool down various cookery things.  

Well, that about it the dogs are back from their walk and I need to get dressed as it is a bit chilly this morning.  Have a lovely weekend.......

Comments

  1. I love that photo and it's so nice to put faces to names, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo. Glad you had a lovely time, and how nice to have a real gentleman to do all the ordering and pay the bill to boot! You should do this sort of thing more often. It 's too easy to lose touch with people you have been to school with or worked with, which reminds me I should practise what I preach as I have no less than two ex colleagues cum friends and one old school friend who all live in France and who haven't heard from me for ages. Time I did something about that!


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning