Thursday morning
Good morning all a bit wet and windy this morning but nothing dramatic just miserable. Yesterday's good intentions came to nought by the time I had showered, changed the bed linen and cooked the lunch I had run out of gas. So for supper, I fell back on the wonderful rice paper pancakes I had cooked some chicken thighs so they got stripped and an assortment of salad bits where shredded and the peanut sauce made the whole thing taking all of 5 minutes to prepare. Then it was every man for himself and we each built our own summer rolls. So, did the floor get washed? sadly not so it is on the list of chores for today. Mind you with the rain I think it might be silly as the dogs are in and out and will just make the floors filthy. I might just run a cloth over the worst bits and call it quits.
This will make you laugh, last night I decided I was having a heart attack as I had the most awful pain in my left arm and there was no position in which it was comfortable. Then I discarded one of my pillows and a miracle occurred the pain vanished. Obviously, my neck was in a bad position and that was causing the pain. Being medically orientated is not always a good thing as I always start with the worst case scenario and work back from that. I have to remind myself that the only sick people I have nursed were sick enough to warrant hospital and that there are conditions which do not need admission. Like stiff necks LOL.
Denzil brought home some meatballs which we will have for lunch and I have loads of vegetables so I can make some accompaniments. I have a bunch of parsnips, I think roast would be nice or maybe a puree. I have suddenly realised that the oriental food we have been having is devoid of dairy and very low on carbohydrates just the odd bit of rice or noodles. It is largely a protein and lots of vegetables which is I hope good for us. Having said that most things have a teaspoon of sugar in them to balance up the saltiness of the soy sauce which is in everything!!!! Anyway, it is nice to go a bit light before we make complete pigs of ourselves over the holidays. The one guest who will not be invited is my conscience that is very definitely being left out of the celebrations. I am determined not to feel guilty about what I decide to eat!!!!
As part of my preparations for Christmas, I always buy a bottle of day nurse and one of night nurse and an adequate supply of tissues because you can be sure that someone will go down with a streamer over the holidays. I have cooked many a turkey with a roaring temperature and my lunch consisting of a hot drink and some paracetamol. If I have all the supplies I hope nothing happens I suppose its a bit like hanging garlic to ward off witches.
Well, time is marching on and I need to get going so have a lovely day and stay dry and warm.....
I have a Christmas conscience that is very different from my usual one. I'm not going to pig out, but I am going to relax a bit.
ReplyDeleteYesterday was obviously the day for not following through on plans. Does it matter? No, not at all. Have a great day!
xx