Friday morning

Good morning all well it is yet another gorgeous day with lots of sunshine and a cool breeze which just perfect.

I'm a bit late today as I got stuck the kitchen chores early as I want things cold for lunch and it is much easier to warm things up than to get them cool.  The mullet has been cooked, hard-boiled eggs are cooling and the potatoes are still boiling.  Once they are done it is basically an assembly job - while I am at it I have some peppers which need skinning a job I detest doing.  I normally burn the skins over the flame of the gas hob then put them into a polybag and leave them to cool before skinning them under a running tap but today I am going to try doing the same process using the grill and see if it is any easier.  You have probably noticed that my life is one big experiment who knows I may eventually get things right!!!!

By the way, it is really quite difficult to write this blog as so little is happening in my life one day just runs into the next with meals to break up the monotony.  I think I might go out for a ride in the car just around the block or something just to get out of the front door and see if I still remember how to drive?  Actually, the problem is the loss of confidence if you don't drive for some time so I think it is a good idea and it will pass some time as I am still struggling with not smoking which is horrible.

Yesterday I planted up a trough of parsley and one of half coriander and half dill now all I need to do is remember to water them until they germinate.  This lockdown is a pain but at least I am safe and well as I hope you are too.  I heard good news from my cousin in Trieste they had their first day with no new cases which must be a step in the right direction and shows that their draconian lockdown did the trick.  Let's hope we too are headed in that direction but when you see the idiots on the beaches I wonder do they not realise that they might be fine but they will kill others by spreading the infection.

Anyway have a nice day and enjoy the sun and top up your vitamin D levels.

Comments

  1. I don't like burning and peeling peppers either, but I find the method that works best is to put them on greaseproof paper on a tray high up in the oven at 180° (if using the fan) or 200° (without the fan), for 20-30 minutes, until the skin blisters, then put them in a bowl with cling film over the top and allow to cool. The skin should then come off easily, but do not overcook or you will get an unpeelable mush. They are easier to peel if you cut them in half and remove all the seeds and stalks etc. before cooking, then put them in the oven cut side down.
    Hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My method is very similar to Marjorie's but I give them 40 mins on 160 fan and turn them half way. Put them into a plastic bag and let cool. To peel I pull out the core by the stalk and the skin peels off in big lumps and I scrape off any remaining pips. It is a bit messy though because there is a lot of liquid so on a plate is best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning