Monday morning

Going morning all it is a dull and cold morning and there has been more rain overnight so it is sopping wet in the garden.  I put a load of washing on yesterday only to have to leave it as it was raining.  I did hope to get it out on the line this morning but that looks in doubt so it might have to go in the tumbler.  I fiddled around yesterday not really sure what to do so I made courgette pancakes and then to use up some leftover pork mince I made some tiny meatballs in tomato sauce.  Denzil provided some ready-made chicken Cesare salad so that is what we had and what I made will be on today's menu.  While it is nice that Denzil brings home all sorts from his shop it does make catering quite difficult as never know what I am going to get.  Anyway, I can usually do something with whatever he brings home.  Sadly he only gets things which have not been delivered so there is no real choice but everything is at rock bottom prices so a bit irresistible.

In all the rioting it would seem to me that there are thugs on both sides some idiot fired a flare at a horse in London and an idiot officer pepper-sprayed a child in Seatle.  In the end, it will be the hospital staff who pay the price and as a large proportion of them are from diverse ethnic backgrounds they are more likely to die.  So so much for the lockdown!!!  The more I see of people the more I like dogs.  It does feel as if all the sacrifices that people have made have been completely ignored.  Anyway, I am staying away from people for a while more and keeping my distance as much as possible I don't want to be responsible for killing others.

James made me laugh yesterday when he explained how the Met tried to get officers to join the riot squad which they didn't want to do as there is no extra money and they have to monitor all the football matches which means working every Saturday.  Part of the test was to run a distance in under 4 minutes so they tried to make sure that they took longer however the marshal timing them was not silly and though they took 6 minutes he congratulated them on passing at 3 minutes 59.

I had another go at the cowl and decided to abandon the pattern and just go for plain crochet and let the interest come from the yarn colouring.  So far it looks OK but I have only done a couple of circuits.  I like plain things as I can easily watch TV at the same time so I don't have to concentrate.  

Well, that about it for today I am hoping to hear from the pond man soon as that is a job I really would like to get done and tomorrow the car is in for its MOT so fingers crossed it is only the tyres that need work.  Have a good day stay safe and no rioting!!!!






Comments

  1. It's cheered up a lot here through the day and not the sun is shining. You're not so far away really, so fingers crossed.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning