Saturday Morning

Good morning all I hope I have got the right day today I must say I do get a bit confused I'm sure if I didn't write this blog I would have no idea what day it is.  Anyway, I had a little trip to Tesco yesterday and got the chopping board but not the butter dish.  Isn't it irritating the last time I went I saw the butter dishes and thought about it but didn't buy one and now they don't have any left?

Today looks like it is going to be a nice one the sun is shining there is a gentle cool breeze so just about perfect.  The recent rain means I don't have to dash out first thing and water the pots they are all doing fine and my troughs with herb seeds are just starting to germinate.  

I have no idea what we will be having for lunch but it will be with some spring greens as I have some that need to be used up.  Keith the gardener is due this afternoon and I have a long list of things for him to do.  There is also the possibility that the pond guy might turn up.  I do hate it when people make tentative arrangements then don't firm them up with either they are coming or not.  I am still not sure if or when Dennie is coming back we will see on Tuesday if she turns up.  In the meantime, the work is mine, not that there is any danger of her arriving to find a pristine house.

On my shopping trip I bought a bag of dog food which weighs 16 kilos and today I know that I manhandled it in and out of trollies and the car.  Once home the boys dealt with it but it was a bit heavy for me.  

The giving up smoking is progressing I still hate it with a passion but who knows I might beat my 6-month record.  I am now at 4 months and counting but I think I am a little less likely to bite the heads off live chickens than I was, to begin with.  It is interesting that I now notice all the advertising for smoking cessation which just serves to remind me what I am missing and is really unhelpful.  Then, of course, there is all the food advertising which just makes you hungry.  The moral of the story is to not watch TV I suppose.  I do try to record the programs on the commercial channels so that I can fast forward through the adverts.

Anyway, time is marching on and I need to get something out of the freezer for lunch.  Have a good day 

Comments

  1. I'm glad the chickens can now breathe a big sigh of relief! They can run about happily now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16kg is rather a lot for us ancient ones to lift and handle! I saw our big Sainsbury's has 16kg bags of flour to sell and so far I haven't noticed the pile reducing in height at all. Can't you just imagine the mess if they split?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning