Friday morning

Good morning all it is bright and sunny but the sky is peppered with what looks like cotton wool balls which are moving very slowly.  I had a busy day in the kitchen yesterday and have partially prepared the salad Nicoise for lunch today.  This morning I have some herbs which need attention.  I got a bag of basil as a free gift in my vegetable box so I think I will make pesto minus the cheese so that it freezes well.  Then I have a large bunch of chives which I am going to pack into an icecube tray and then cover with melted butter so they are ready to drop onto boiled potatoes and other vegetables etc.

Now that I am feeling so much better I actually tackled my wardrobe and moved the heavy winter things and replaced them with light summer stuff.  Many years ago I made myself a couple of dresses which only contact my shoulders with tie straps and for really hot days they are the answer to a prayer so they are still in use I hate to think how old they actually are.  I must admit I did think of dismantling one to use as a pattern for making another.  There is so little to them that you could run one up in a morning.  No facings only a bit of bias binding and a couple of seams.  They are not the most elegant thing I have ever seen but they are cool.

As I have all the ingredients I am going to make a large pot of bolognese sauce mostly for the freezer as it is so handy when it is hot and you don't feel like cooking.  It will not be a pain to make as I can use the slow cooker function on the instapot so no stirring for hours.

I am glad to say that Dan has settled down and is no longer making amorous advances to Tubby I think the penny has dropped that he is not actually a girl.

Well, that's about it for this morning lots to do but nothing too strenuous or taxing.  First some coffee and get a load of washing on.


Comments

  1. Coolness takes priority over elegance, any day of the week!
    Maybe it was just too hot for Dan!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning