Friday morning

Good morning all and it is a good morning it is 21 degrees and raining WONDERFUL!!!!  The less said about yesterday the better it was absolutely ghastly.  My thermometer in my bedroom hit 37ºC with everything shut and the blinds down and the blackout curtain pulled and the fan going full tilt. I think the problem with the UK is that we don't get a chance to acclimatise to the heat.  It hits us like a brick and then it is gone.  The heat didn't dissipate until about 4am when it finally cooled down so sleep was an optional extra.  Both the dogs were miserable so they were very pleased to have a nice cool dip in their outdoor bath and cool off a bit and I am sure Dan was pleased to be in nothing but his underwear I know I was!!  Fortunately, none of us had to go out so we all dossed around in our underwear trying to keep cool.  I made lots of salad bits while it was cool and then it was every man for himself.  Supper was icy cold melon and parma ham which was just right no one had any appetite but we needed something to mop up the buckets of water we were drinking.  Right now I don't care if it is cold and wet for the rest of the summer.  However, I'm sure I would very soon be moaning it came to pass. 

I am thinking of sending our new Prime Minister a gift - A COMB - he obviously doesn't have one perhaps now with his augmented salary he might be able to afford one.  I'm so glad my taxes are going to such a good cause.

Today I have a nice treat I am off to Macnades to have breakfast with Sandy and as well as the coffee on my list I have the ingredients to make the jumbo sausage roll that Nadia made as I think it will be a nice thing to have with lots of salads.  I have some ready-rolled puff pastry in the freezer so I will get that out and hard boil 5 eggs in anticipation.

Well, it is time to get moving if I am to make it to Faversham by 9am.  Have a lovely day and enjoy the cool I am going to relish every minute.

Comments

  1. They did look tasty, didn't they? I think I want to get the book that accompanies the show.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning