Tuesday morning

Good morning all.  Well what a surprise this morning when I got out of bed I was cold the temperature is down to 13 degrees it's no wonder us Brits have weather issues to drop from 30 to 13 in two days is crazy.  I believe that the temperatures are going to creep back up through the week but not get quite so hot.  

The wonderful Dennie is due this morning so the house will get a birthday not that it is too bad at the moment that is if you don't look in the boy's rooms which they are supposed to keep clean themselves.  Suffice to say we have very different standards!!!!  It is not entirely their fault as most of the mess is dog slobber which coats the walls and is all but impossible to shift.  I think in the end the only solution will be a coat of paint.

Yesterday I prepared a piece of cheap beef which I sliced wafer thin and marinaded in the Korean beef stuff overnight and today it will get a blast in the wok and served with some plain rice and a sauce made with the remaining marinade.  So that I could cut the meat very thinly I froze it first which made it easy.  It will be interesting to see how it turns out as by rights it should be a tough as old boots.

In reply to you Marjory, the pretty lily has no scent at all it is just nice to look at.  However, the house is flooded with the scent of lilies as James bought me a huge bunch of white lilies for my birthday.  He has just gone back to bed having been up all night and taken the dogs for an early morning walk so I have said I will not wake him for meals he can feed himself when he wakes.  I'm glad to hear that you are at last getting somewhere with the watering system, airlocks are real buggers to sort out, we have had our share of them with the central heating.  

Ok, so that is today's plan of campaign.  I have some duck legs which I am going to blast in the pressure cooker for a short time and then tomorrow they can be roasted to crisp them up not quite confit but nice as I get some stock to use as well.  






Comments

  1. Our temperatures have been doing crazy ups and downs as well. The relatively good news is that we are now having a thunderstorm, so a heavy shower to water the garden, because guess what, the pump has once again refused to function! Not surprising really when you consider that the man basically said there was an airlock somewhere but he couldn't find it, then somehow got it to work while he was there, and told us to get back to him if it gave up again. I think the answer is to go back to live in Ireland, where the grass is always green without mechanical watering...

    I hope your Korean beef turns out all right, it sounds interesting. Korean things seem to be really in at the moment, we have Korean films practically every day on TV, and last night we went to the cinema to see the Korean film which won the "Palme d'or" at the Cannes film festival this year. I suppose it was excellent if you're into lots of blood and gore at the end...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning