Friday Morning

Good morning all it is a lovely sunny morning here but I do believe we are due some rain.  I had a good watering session last night so if it stays dry it will not be a problem.  

Yesterday was warm but overcast with odd breaks in the cloud, however, there was quite a breeze blowing.  I met Len and Margaret at the pub for lunch and we decided it was too windy to eat outside.  The menu is very standard stuff for pub food so I asked if I could have ham egg and chips even though it was not on the menu.  Len was delighted as they had liver and bacon on the menu which is one of his favourites.  The dessert menu is what I call a school food menu Margret had syrup pudding and custard and Len had spotted dick and purely to keep them company you understand I had to eat a plate full of profiteroles drowning in chocolate.  Needless to say, I was very happy with a sandwich for supper.  

The gardeners came while I was out and have done most of the things I would have asked for so, I am happy.  It is nice that I can leave them to get on with things and not have to supervise.  My tarragon plant arrived yesterday so today I will plant it up and sprinkle some dill seed and hope for the best.  It is a bit late for the seed but you never can tell sometimes plants do their own thing.  

On the menu today I have some ham which needs an hour or so in the oven and I intend to serve it with cabbage and new potatoes and if the spirit moves me I might make some mustard sauce.  I am hoping that the piece of meat is big enough to have hot for lunch and cold for supper.

That is the plan for today such as it is so I am now going to have another coffee and have a walk around the estate!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning