Wednesday morning
Good morning all what a hot and horrid night we finally got a breeze blowing around 4am which made it bearable. I believe it is going to be even hotter today and I am going out for lunch to the Fordwich arms which is a really posh restaurant so I will have to wear clothes. YUK. Somehow I don't think they would let me in in my underwear!!!!
Finally, my big lily has burst open and there are loads still to come so I am delighted they have done really well this year.
James had his pasta lesson yesterday and discovered just how easy it is to make and we put together a lovely lasagne which did us fine for lunch with enough left over for his lunch today and for supper, we had just a cold sausage and mustard sandwich at about 10pm as no one felt like eating in the heat.
I made a batch of pesto which I gave to my neighbour Tak as we are getting sick of it. My veg box comes with complimentary basil and a large quantity which I don't know what else to do with. A few leaves will do on a salad or as a garnish but what do you do with a big bunch? Pesto freezes well so I will put the next lot in the freezer and leave it until the winter comes when it will make a nice reminder of summer.
Ok, now I need to get in the shower and then try to make myself look respectable which is no mean feat and may take some time. Anyway, I will give you the rundown on the restaurant tomorrow if I survive the heat!!!

I would do what you do and freeze the surplus in some way.
ReplyDeleteThat lily is gorgeous - it must be a stunning focal point in the garden.
xx