Tuesday morning
Good morning all it is lovely and sunny this morning but the air is cool which is nice. I am sneezing like mad but I have taken an antihistamine though I don't think it has taken effect yet. There is definitely something which sets both James and I off neither one of us sneezes upstairs but as soon as we come downstairs it starts.
I had a very interesting phone call in the morning Margaret rang to ask to borrow my gun so she could shoot Domenic Cummings. I offered to hold him for her. We both agreed he has no integrity and should resign. Ok that said none of us can be bothered with politics we have a pandemic to overcome first and that takes priority over everything. Anyway, Margaret and Len are still alive which is good as they are in the very vulnerable age group and both have comorbidities to boot. The day we get a vaccine will be a day for real celebration.
We had a lovely supper last night we had "Trilie alla Livornese" or red mullet in a rich tomato sauce. Red mullet is not a fish we see much but it is really delicious and fortunately, I have a bag of frozen fillets in the freezer courtesy of the fishmonger. They are small fish so the fillets take milliseconds to cook and as someone else has done the work of removing both scales and bones they are easier than fish fingers to prepare. In Italy, they are usually prepared as whole fish but fillets are definitely easier.

This is not my food but a picture lifted from google which shows the fillets and approximate size the black blob is a black olive paste. It really needs serving with a big green salad and some crusty bread sadly we had neither so we had some pasta with butter and cheese as a starter in true Italian style. I am not sure what is on today's menu but I fancy some New Zealand mussels gratinated and put under the grill they will be very tasty but not very substantial so I will have to look for something else for supper.
I pushed the boat out yesterday and had a bit of a spend up I bought a new fan for James bedroom the 20-year-old fan has finally died. I have ordered some yarn and a pattern from Denamores it is crochet so that should keep my hands busy. I also ordered a timer for the greenhouse so that I can set the watering schedule and save myself running up and down switching taps on and off or worse forgetting to water or flooding the greenhouse. I have a food order coming tomorrow and meat on Friday and today it is the vegetables. I must say I quite like shopping from the comfort of my bed!!!
Well, that is the plan for today such as it is I hope to have some time in the sun making vitamin D. I finished the beanie hat and I think I may well do another one then they can all go to the clothes bank as I really don't like them to wear. Hopefully, they will keep someone's head warm this coming winter.
Have a lovely day and take some time to enjoy your garden. I can't tell you how important it has been to me during this time of being trapped at home.
Unfortunately, shooting Cummings would not get rid of the 'do what we say, not what we do, rules don't apply to us' attitude that so many of our leaders show right now. I understand your feelings though.
ReplyDeletexx