Tursday Morning
Good morning all it is a bit cloudy this morning with a bit of breeze. Yesterday was spectacular with wall to wall sun and it was nice and warm too.
We had the mackerel for lunch which I did with gremolata potatoes and a cucumber salad and a few spears of very poor asparagus.
Could have done with a couple of slices of tomato just for colour it's a bit white and green anyway it tasted fine. Denzil managed to get a huge bag of fusilli pasta some time ago and last night we broke into it and had it with a jar of mascarpone and tomato sauce. It wasn't too bad but very sweet for my taste and really needed the parmesan to cut through the sweetness. Lunch today will be some sausages and roasted cauliflower all courtesy of Tesco ultra-cheap department. Denzil brings home an assortment of things some good some not so good but all ultra cheap so I for one am not complaining.
We have decided it must be the pollen that is affecting both James and I. We both sneeze like crazy downstairs I suppose it is logical as the pollen must fall due to gravity so it is likely to be thicker at lower levels. Upstairs we are both fine so thank goodness we don't live in a bungalow. As we all like different programs we tend to go to our own rooms to watch TV which these days is rather more than usual.
The non-smoking is still driving me mad I wake each day to disappointment which is no way to start your day. I used to smoke a cigarette first thing because I was afraid of falling back asleep and being late for work so this is a pattern I have followed since I was 18 and guess what the habit is still firmly embedded. It is my first thought each day followed by that sinking feeling of disappointment. If it took over 50 years to embed the habit how long will it take to get rid of it? I still check my pockets for my lighter then wonder what I am doing. Oh well, onward and upward soon be time for bed. I'm off for another coffee at least I can taste that now it is no longer like pond water but I still don't feel it is quite right so I am putting it down to ageing taste buds.
Have a good day and if you still have the sun do enjoy it we have been threatened with showers and frankly, the garden needs some water so I will not be too disappointed if it rains.

I agree about the rain - a good downpour would be great, followed by sunshine again. It keeps clouding over so here's hoping.
ReplyDeleteI'm so pleased your sense of taste is returning and that coffee is once more a pleasure.
xx