Wednesday morning

Good morning all, well yesterday was a beautiful day until the wind got you, it was perishing.  How fleeting moments of happiness are.  About 10 minutes after I got the call from Sandy to say she was home safely the phone rang again this time it was my friend Sue to say her dog had died.  This was a real blow Sue lives alone with her two dogs who are her life she was in floods of tears. If ever there was a time for a hug this was it.  I feel so helpless at times like this desperate to say the right thing and terrified to say the wrong thing.  Anyway because there was nothing I could I sent some flowers.  So from elation to misery in about 10 minutes.  I am just grateful that I am not one of the thousands who are grieving a loss.

So that was yesterday, this morning I have gone up to the green house and watered the tomatoes which are struggling but not giving in and the weeds which are doing even better.  The patch of garden opposite is what I think of as my patch of woodland. It looks lovely with lily of the valley, bluebells and wild garlic all in bloom.  By the time I got back I was quite breathless so collapsing in a chair with a coffee seemed a good idea.

Next burning issue is what’s for lunch?  I haven’t got a clue I will have to investigate the freezer and hope for inspiration.  Perhaps something simple like beans on toast then something else for supper.  Maybe one of the men might have an idea.  I have plenty of veg so I’m sure I can knock something up.  Well that’s about it for today I am hoping for a peaceful one hope you have one too.

Comments

  1. Morning, Diane. Sorry to miss your post yesterday and really sorry for your friend Sue. I'm sure the flowers will help.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your friend Sue's dog. It is heart breaking for her, sending flowers was a lovely gesture. As she is alone I am sure she appreciated to talk to you and would continue to do so, you're the one person that understands completely what she is going through.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning