Good morning all well it is a sort of nothing day this morning a bit dull a bit windy but nothing worth mentioning.
I spent a good while in the kitchen yesterday making lunch as I did sushi and rolled omelettes which take time and care to make but in the end, I think it was worth it.
 |
The rolled omelette had crispy bacon and finely diced skinned and pipped tomato and a few spring onions which I have taken to freezing. The rolls had crab, avocado, carrot and tomato and in the little dishes, there is wasabi and homemade pickled ginger and soy sauce. Surprisingly what you see was ample for the three of us for lunch. I had leftover rice which is dressed with vinegar and Mirin and some carrot strips which the dogs polished off. Actually looking at the picture I realise just how economical the meal was when you tot up the ingredients. Today is Denzil's day off so we will be having Sunday lunch and I have a nice piece of pork to roast with sage and onion stuffing, purple shouting broccoli, no that is not a typo, one of the children thought that is what it was called and so it has stayed in the family. Some of these childish mistakes are really quite fun I bet you have a long list of them, Joy. I remember a little girl when I was nursing complaining bitterly that her pamshoo had pisadeared it was, of course, her shampoo had disappeared. Oh, the spell check really doesn't like that.
Well, time as ever is marching on and I need to get going while I still have some energy. Have a lovely day and let's hope the weather cheers up soon.
|
The sushi looks delicious, my mouth is watering! You must have the best fed sons and dogs in Kent!
ReplyDeleteThat’s the joy of cooking as a hobby tomorrow we are going Mexican but don’t forget I am retired so time is not an issue and I can indulge myself. How are you getting on with the halogen?
ReplyDelete