Thursday morning
Good morning all it is another dull one today. Denzil has a cold and I have been a bit off colour so James was on duty yesterday. He did us an English breakfast for lunch and a vegetable gratin for supper he is actually quite a good cook. As I had zero energy I decided to practice knitting in the Russian style which is much quicker once you get the hang of it. It requires you holding the yarn in the other hand and is more like crochet so it doesn't feel too strange. I once taught a friend to crochet but she was left-handed so I had to learn how to crochet left-handed before I could teach her. Though I am not truly ambidextrous I have had to teach students who are left-handed so I have had to learn to do lots of things that way. Many years ago I had a frozen right shoulder and had to learn to write on the swab board with my left hand as I couldn't reach it with my right. This has one serious drawback when typing my brain doesn't care which hand I am using and I frequently type letters with my left which should be typed with the right.
I usually read other blogs before I start writing mine and of course, I read Joy's this morning and feel so sad for her. There is little one can say to bring comfort at such difficult times and having been down that road myself I do at least understand. This is a time when you really need your friends and family.
As yet I have made no decisions as to what I am going to do for lunch all I know is that whatever it is it is still frozen so my first port of call will have to be the freezer unless we have scrambled eggs on toast or a tin of beans. One of the good things about the instapot is that you can put frozen meat into it and blast it under pressure and though it is not as good as done properly it does the job in double quick time.
Ok so I had better get started have a good day.....
Thank you so much, Diane. Such kind words.
ReplyDeletexx
I only wish I could do more but I am here if you need a sounding board.
DeleteSorry I have been silent for a while. We had to go to Paris for a few days for a friend's funeral. We are now back to normal so I can belatedly comment on your coffee machine saga. They say they are going to try to fix it on 1st April? April fools come to mind! You definitely need to write to some important person. Not only should they fix it or better replace it for free, you should also get some compensation for the months you have been without it. I have a friend whose freezer broke down, and the repairmen came no less than 17 times before they eventually decided to fix it with a new one. I hope you won't beat that record!
ReplyDelete