Saturday morning
Good morning all it is a lovely bright sunny morning. It has been so dry of late I even had to water my window boxes for the first time this year. The boys seem to be getting over their colds though James had a sleepless night so I think he may be unconscious for most of the day.
Yesterday I decided to do the pork fillet in the batter mix I got from Japan it is intended for chicken but worked beautifully with the pork. Only one fly in the ointment I had to send James up to Tak's house so she could translate the instructions on the packet which were all in Japanese. Anyway, it was delicious and the boys were well impressed. I accompanied it with a fairly bland rice salad with some toasted peanuts for texture. On the menu today I have a packet of minced beef and as yet have not decided what to do with it. There are so many possibilities; I am thinking along the lines of burgers with an endive, pear, walnut and blue cheese salad. Denzil will be home from work for lunch and I know he loves this salad and it is one of my favourites as well.
Tonight we lose an hours sleep as the clocks go forward not that it makes much difference to me the only thing is that I have to go round changing clocks which is a pain. I believe that this is soon going to come to an end and time will stay static. I think that is an oxymoron? tempus fugit and all that!!! Oh well, you know what I mean. I do have some radio controlled clocks which change automatically and some I just don't bother with like the one on the cooker and the microwave neither of which I use to tell the time. I never use the auto timer on the oven so it is not a problem.
Well, that is the plan for this morning so I had better get going and while I am at it get something out of the freezer for tomorrow. Have a lovely day.
The cooker is a pain to change so I don't. Tomorrow it will be correct again! The microwave is much easier so I do that. The radio controlled clocks are so much simpler too. I'm really looking forward to the lighter evenings again.
ReplyDeletexx