Tuesday morning

Good morning all another bright sunny one so I think we are finally out of the winter doldrums. I got stuck into making the Cornish pasties yesterday only to discover my flour supplies were sadly depleted and I had to use a fair proportion of wholemeal bread flour which made the crust rather tougher than I would have liked but I believe you are supposed to be able to drop a pasty down a mine shaft without it breaking!!!  I managed the crimping OK it is like riding a bike once you get the hang of it you don't forget.  I would have taken some pictures but as they came out of the oven so they were demolished.  The men were circling the oven salivating from the smell of them cooking.  The dogs had no problems helping out with the excess pastry so all in all, I think I can put it down as a success.

I had a bit of a disaster with some wild bird seed which I had in my bedroom and wanted to transfer it from a polythene bag to an old milk container.  Did I go and get a funnel no of course not so I ended up with bird seed in my shoes, in my bed, all over the floor and just about everywhere it could go.  So, in the end, I had to get the funnel and the hoover as well.  Being lazy doesn't pay off.  I still haven't learned not to challenge sod's law and I don't think I ever will.  Why have I got bird seed in my bedroom you ask? well, I have a door which opens onto a flat roof which is where I throw bird food as it is out of the reach of the local cats and my dogs.

Today I am expecting the wonderful Denny and as usual, there is plenty for her to do.  She always starts by giving the kitchen a birthday for which I am very grateful  Now I must dash off and get dressed so I will love you and leave you and hope you have a lovely day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning