Saturday morning
Good morning all just like yesterday someone has forgotten to switch on the weather, there is none, it is still, dull and dry. However, overnight my red camelia has opened its first flower and there are plenty of buds just waiting to make a lovely display.
As you will know I spend quite a lot of time at my kitchen sink but just look at what I see through the window.
My window box is filled with winter-flowering pansies and bursting through are these lovely mini tulips so elegant and so perfect. Isn't nature wonderful?
I had a day of total indolence yesterday I just felt so tired after a bad night I find the older I get the less able I am to deal with sleeplessness. For lunch we had some rib eye steaks form Riverford but I was very disappointed as they had been cut so thin they were like net curtains so I wrote a quick letter off to Riverford who immediately refunded the cost and apologised. Now that is what I call service I had actually just written the letter for their information and expected nothing. I have been buying my veg from them for 9 years but I seldom buy meat as it is a bit pricy. In all that time I have never had occasion to complain about anything and they now email me if the box contains beetroots so I have a chance to swap to one without. Miele could use a lesson in customer service!!!!
I have run all my supplies down as I am going to Macnades tomorrow with Tak so I will have to have a trawl around in the freezer for food for today and it is also my day for wracking off my kombucha and this time I am going for pineapple as a flavouring. The blueberry was a nice flavour but it looked pretty disgusting in colour it was a sort of muddy purple yuk.
Well that's the plan now to put it into action. Have a good day.


It's dull here too and the short term forecast seems to be more of the same but at least it in dry and mild and not howling a gale any more.
ReplyDeletexx
Gorgeous camelia and a lovely cheery sight greeting us entering your blog!
ReplyDelete