Tuesday Morning
Good morning all it is blowing and raining here this morning. I had a relatively busy day yesterday and it was the turn of the fridge to get a birthday so that is all shiny and clean. Having made a curry for lunch I then turned my attention to making the courgette pancakes which take a while to do by the time you have grated them and salted, rinsed and squeezed dry before you even think of making the mixture. Anyway, they are done and are already starting to disappear. I then cooked a meal for Denzil when he gets in from work at midnight. He was shattered on Sunday when he came home which is hardly surprising as he had delivered 1.3 tons of shopping that day. That is a lot of lifting and carrying so he does need feeding. I try to leave him something which only requires a reheat in the microwave and nothing too heavy as it is so late at night.
Today I am trying out a Japanese recipe which I found on youtube. It is just mushrooms placed concave side up and filled with a teaspoon of mayo then a slice of cheese put on top and then under the grill. I have seen several recipes which use mayo as a glaze before grilling but I have never tried it before so it will be a new experience.
Dennie is due today and she will be surprised as I have tidied her bucket of clothes and filtered out the real rubbish. I haven't thrown them away as I intend to use them with copious bleach when I eventually get round to doing the garage cupboards. At that point, I can just throw them away and the job is done. However, that is on the back burner until I have finished doing the kitchen cupboards and I would like a nice warm sunny day to do it so it may have to wait until April. Somehow now that I know it is feasible it is no longer a problem.
Well Dennie is here so I must close and get on with the jobs in hand.
Comments
Post a Comment