Monday morning

Good morning all well we dropped down to 12ºC last night and I ended up folding my quilt in half so it was double thickness because I was cold!!!!  With the swings in temperature, it is a case of musical bedding from just a sheet to a doubled quilt it really is crazy.



As promised the onion petal dish which is not easy to see but let me assure you I was lucky to get a photo at all as they disappeared in milliseconds.  This was just one onion in future I would do two as they are very morish and the boys loved them. They are easy to eat as you just pick up a petal no cutlery needed.  They would be good as nibbles with drinks and really easy to make. this is the link if you fancy the idea.

https://youtu.be/BZxLf9-pYzk

How about this for a colour for a lily 

I have never had any success with lilies so I am astonished at just how well they have done this year.  I have a large pot in which there used to be a camelia which has died so I have ordered a very heavily scented rose to replace it.  The colour is a stunning dark velvet red so I hope it will thrive in its new position.  It is called Munstead wood and is an old English rose from David Austin.


Now I need a trip to B&Q to get some John Innes potting compost as the container is huge I think it will take a whole bag at least.

On the menu today I have some confit duck legs which I am going to crisp up in the oven together with the leftover spuds from yesterday and as a vegetable I have some courgettes and carrots.  So that is lunch sorted. Cold ham and salad for supper.  Then tomorrow my new box of vegetables arrives so I will have lots to chose from.

By the way, I just thought I would mention that my new found perkiness is down to the fact that I am no longer being slowly poisoned by my medication.  It never crossed my mind that the medication was behind all the problems I was having.  I just assumed that the COPD was getting worse and I was getting old.  Anyway, I am delighted that I am feeling like a human being again.

The sun is shining here so I am going to put on a load of washing and hope for the best.  Have a good day all.

Comments

  1. So glad you are feeling such a lot better.
    I've just watched the recipe cip through and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Thanks.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning