Saturday Morning

Good morning all.  It is another lovely start to the day but according to the weather forecast, we are due for rain which if it is true will save me watering. 

We had a bit of a drama yesterday around lunchtime I noticed the postman wandering about looking lost with his van parked directly outside my front door so I went to the porch to see what was happening and of course Dan came too.  The postman took one look at Dan and backed off so I opened the door and asked if he was looking for something.  As it turned out he and two ladies were looking for anyone who knew where a little jack Russel lived as the dog was running loose in the street with no collar or identification.  I immediately recognised next doors barking beast so I told them but there was no one at home so I suggested that Denzil could post the dog over the back fence into its garden.  That done James then arrived home and almost immediately the barking dogs went mad so James went round and tried their garage door.  The lock was broken the back door to the garage was open as were the patio doors to the house it looked as if they might have been burgled.  No sooner had James returned than the barking dogs went mad and I could see someone moving in the house through the skylight in their kitchen.  James grabbed a walking stick and set off to confront whoever was in there.  As it turned out it was the homeowner who had had a puncture and walked home so there was no car outside.  Fortunately, James didn't crack him over the nogging with the walking stick and after some explanation, all was clear obviously the lady of the house had left leaving all the doors open and no they hadn't been burgled.  We are all on high alert at the moment as we have had a spate of burglaries to our parade of shops many of whom now have steel roller shutters and we have the travellers camped in the park.  This happens most summers we get the travellers arrive and cause problems for the parks and gardens and at the same time spates of burglaries but it is just coincidence!!!!!  One year they parked on the bowls club and by the time they left it was cheaper to demolish it than to put it right funny they are nowhere to be seen in the winter!!!

Today I am very pleased that I am not American our politicians are embarrassing enough but Donald Trump takes the biscuit with his 4th July speech which made him look a complete ignoramus and now it looks as if the san Andreas fault is on the move. 

I don't know if it is my imagination or my age but I think the inmates are in charge of the asylum.  I think I will keep my head down and potter in the kitchen today as I have all the ingredients to make a large batch of bolognese which should keep me out of mischief I might also go the whole hog and make some lasagne sheets while I am at it.  However, first I have some potted herbs which I am going to plant in my window box ready for a summer of deliciousness.

Comments

  1. Wow, just as well your sons were around but what a to do, luckily it wasn't sinister in the end.

    So, the autocue broke down but he didn't need it as he remembered the speech very well indeed!!! (LOL , what a plonker as Delboy would say)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks what he is! Can't say fairer than that.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lunatics are definitely running the asylum...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning