Sunday morning

Good morning all. It is a very pleasant 16 degrees but heavily overcast. We have had a splash of rain overnight which the garden was very happy to receive.  I planted up my window boxes full of herbs so now I have available to me bay, chives, sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley both curly and flat, mint,  basil and Kafir lime leaves. I also have a pot of ginger growing on the kitchen window sill.  I have never had any success with either dill or coriander I would like to grow both but coriander always seems to bolt on me and dill just dies.  Where we walk the dogs we have access to sea purslane, sea beat, samphire, rocket and margerum all of which grow wild.

I made the pot of bolognese which today I will divide out into sensible portions for freezing and as it is just James and I for lunch we have some chicken wings which I will do something with I can't make up my mind whether to do them in a sticky sauce or fried crispy in the Japanese style.  We will be three for supper so I have some pork chops which are very thinly cut but will go well with the remaining cabbage, carrots and some new potatoes.  I am still keen to make a lasagne but I am not so sure I feel like making pasta and white sauce so we will have to see how the day progresses.  I will get lunch and dinner prepared then see if I still have the energy to start making pasta.

I spent a lovely afternoon watching tennis it is so nice to see Federer still able to make mincemeat of his opponents. In my youth, I used to go to Wimbledon each year and it was always so very civilised.  Other than playing with some food I have no plans for today I am just going to take it easy.

Hope you too have a nice relaxing day.




Comments

  1. Lasagne can feel a bit of a pain, can't it? I need to be in the mood to make it.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too but with the meat done the thermo can make the béchamel while I make the pasta then it is just assembling but the washing up is the pain

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning