Sunday morning
Oh yes, it worked beautifully and tasted delicious.
This is definitely a keeper, served with some nice salad bits and pieces made a very acceptable lunch. Takes no time at all to make, then an hour in the oven and away you go. I made one alteration I used Bovril not marmite as that is what I had. Sadly I didn't have a roof tile on which to serve it so I had to make do with a white plate.
My fermentation box is set up in the garage and my sourdough starter is happily ensconced in it at 22ºC. It only has one more day to go before it should be ready to use but we will have to see I dont want to ruin a loaf by jumping the gun so I will continue to feed until I am happy it is really ready.
We had lots of rain yesterday and this morning it looks very dull and we are down to 16ºC perfect. I believe we are due to have another heatwave but not for a couple of weeks in the meantime I am really enjoying the cool and the garden is loving the rain. The struggling tomato plants are at last making a bit of headway and who knows we might even get a tomato or two.
On the menu, today is the second half of the sausage roll the remains of the tabbouleh salad and a green salad so only a salad to dress. In the freezer, I have some shin beef which I thought I would make into a goulash as I have lots of peppers and rather than have the stove going for hours I thought I would put it in the instapot [pressure cooker] I know it is not exactly summer food but I feel the need of a hot meal from time to time and I have lots of new potatoes that need using up. I also saw a recipe for a blooming onion which doesn't require deep frying and as I have a large red onion I thought I might give it a go as it is relatively easy. If it is a success there will no doubt be a photo!!!
Have a lovely restful and cool Sunday.
My fermentation box is set up in the garage and my sourdough starter is happily ensconced in it at 22ºC. It only has one more day to go before it should be ready to use but we will have to see I dont want to ruin a loaf by jumping the gun so I will continue to feed until I am happy it is really ready.
We had lots of rain yesterday and this morning it looks very dull and we are down to 16ºC perfect. I believe we are due to have another heatwave but not for a couple of weeks in the meantime I am really enjoying the cool and the garden is loving the rain. The struggling tomato plants are at last making a bit of headway and who knows we might even get a tomato or two.
On the menu, today is the second half of the sausage roll the remains of the tabbouleh salad and a green salad so only a salad to dress. In the freezer, I have some shin beef which I thought I would make into a goulash as I have lots of peppers and rather than have the stove going for hours I thought I would put it in the instapot [pressure cooker] I know it is not exactly summer food but I feel the need of a hot meal from time to time and I have lots of new potatoes that need using up. I also saw a recipe for a blooming onion which doesn't require deep frying and as I have a large red onion I thought I might give it a go as it is relatively easy. If it is a success there will no doubt be a photo!!!
Have a lovely restful and cool Sunday.

It looks really delicious, well done!
ReplyDeletexx