Wednesday morning

Good morning all, there is a glimmer of sun showing through the blanket of cloud so marginally brighter than yesterday.  

I had a lovely visit from Elaine and one of the twins yesterday so at last the 21st birthday presents got handed over.  We had a nice chat and spent some time picking gooseberries which were destined for a crumble.  I was glad to see them go to a good home it is a pity to just let them fall on the ground and as I am the only one it the house who eats them that is what happens.

We demolished the chicken hot for lunch and cold for supper.  In the end, I did it just plain roast which in the halogen is wonderful.  Today I am at a bit of a loss so I think I will do a corned beef hash with some boiled spring cabbage.  I forgot to get anything out of the freezer last night so opening a few tins is the solution.  I have yet more turnips so I think I will try to hide them in the hash along with some potatoes and plenty of onions.  

I noticed that the robin's baby now knows where the food is and is at last feeding himself which must be a huge relief to the adults.  We get very few little birds in the garden but there is no lack of pigeons who chase everything else away and hog all the bird food, however with the suet and seed in a place they can't reach the little birds are having a field day.  Now if only I could persuade the squirrels to eat gooseberries and leave my apricots alone I would be a very happy bunny. It looks like we are going to have a bumper crop of figs this year but at least they are quite popular so I dont usually have problems getting rid of them.  They also freeze well when poached in a little orange juice and are nice served with a dollop of icecream.  

I have no great plans for the day so I will just potter in the garden and in the kitchen.  I am pleased to report that since my antibiotics I feel so much better.  You don't realise how ill you are until you get better.  The new puffer has eased my breathlessness and I can now walk to the end of the garden again without having to stop for air.  Who knows if I push myself I might even make it to the shops at the top of the road.  I am still having problems with my ears but I am so much better in myself.  

Well, that about it for this morning nothing earthshattering just the usual mundane day to day life.  So off I go for my second cup of coffee and make a start on the vegetables for lunch.


Comments

  1. I'm extremely glad that you're feeling so much better. hopefully it will be 100% soon.
    Could you freeze the gooseberries? It seems such a shame to let them go to waste.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I could but no one wants to eat them except me ☹️

      Delete
  2. So what? Freeze them for yourself! I would certainly help you to eat them if I lived near you. I really love them, and we don't often see them here.
    We're glad the antibiotics did the trick, though it was a shame you had to wait so long to get them. What are your ears up to now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s the left mostly it keep blocking. It clears overnight then bocks up around lunchtime which is weird it doesn’t creep on it is quite sudden. I am hoping as I improve so the ear will settle.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning