Monday morning
Good morning all this morning it is blowing and still chilly but we did get some sun yesterday and i caught the eveninglight as it hit the magnolia.
It made it look quite spectacular by rights Magnolia are acid lovers and my garden is alkaline but some how it has managed to survive and flourish.
I have ordered some tomato plants for the greenhouse as I am too lazy to grow them on from seed. James has already made the soup du jour which is butternut squash and I am going to make an egg salad to follow primarily as we have lots of eggs as both Denzil and I bought eggs.
I have all but finished feather 6 so I hope to start the last one today, for once I am pleased with the results. There are mistakes but they don't show and my mother always told me that us mortals cannot achieve perfection as it would anger the gods. If you look closely at the mosaic floors of the Romans there is always an error for just this reason. Well, that's my excuse and I am sticking to it.
I have been listening to the Gulag archipelago by alexander Solzhenitsyn which is apparently compulsory reading in Russian schools and frankly it should be so in this country. It is quite terrifying and is a good lesson in history and how communism worked under Stalin. If you think Hitler was bad he is a saint by comparison.
Some times it bothers me how little we know and understand about other countries I remember reading White Swans which was about the horrors that the Chinese endured under Mao. Even English history has it's horrors having won the Armada Elizabeth the first left the brave sailors to starve and refused money to help them.
Thank goodness, we are now a bit more enlightened and everyone is fighting the same enemy Covid which reminds me I am due my second dose on the 27th then a fortnight later I should be bulletproof. I must make sure I get a good nights sleep before the vaccine as a bad night will reduce the antibody production by two thirds.
Well, that's about it for today time for coffee and get some eggs on to boil ready for the salad. Have a good day and I hope you have some sunshine to brighten your day.
P.S. It's snowing

Good news for the end of the month then. I expect mine will be able a month later, I haven't heard yet.
ReplyDeleteI'm not so sure how much more enlightened mankind really is. Maybe I'm just a pessimist!
xx