Wednesday Morning
Good morning one and all, it's a fairly dull overcast sort of day at the moment but who knows it might cheer up later. Keith the gardener came yesterday and basically there was little for him to do as with the lack of water nothing is putting on any growth So he spent quite some time watering things in pots which are really suffering.
I had my vaccination yesterday and I was back at the car before the appointment time so that was pretty slick and what is more I had a security guard escort me to the car. I was about halfway back to the car and was very breathless so I stopped and leant on a wall to catch my breath. He appeared from nowhere asking if I was alright I assured him I was fine just out of gas so he insisted on escorting me to the car where James was waiting for me. Some times it's nice being an old fart. It restores my faith in the basic kindness of humanity.
Talking of which I was pleased to see the first planeload of medical supplies had arrived in India what a disaster that is and it isn't just their problem it is ours too the more the virus spread the more it mutates until eventually, it could out mutate the vaccine then we really will be in trouble.
On the menu today we are having faggots with peas and mash and onion gravy a simple meal but very tasty. I am going to try braising the cardoons and I will let you know what they are like I have heard them described as poor man's artichokes so I wonder if the water they are boiled in should be acidulated I think I will stick a splash of vinegar in the water just to be on the safe side.
Well, that about it for this morning Dennie is due any minute and I need some coffee so I will wish you all a good day and see you tomorrow.
Yes, I looked up recipes for cardoons yesterday and the all recommend adding lemon juice to the water, so vinegar is a good idea.
ReplyDelete