Saturday morning

 Good morning all it's another frosty but sunny start to the day.  Yesterday went according to plan and James seems much better. Denzil has pursued work that his problems are largely to do with one type of lorry which has very uncomfortable seating he is now only driving the comfy seat ones so his back is much improved.

The wolf fish was very tasty and I just seasoned and floured it and pan-fried it in butter. I always think it is better not to mess about with things you haven't tried before and go for simple cooking.  Supper was exciting as we were trying a new curry house though the food was more expensive it was very good so it was worth it.  It came with a good array of chutney and popadoms. We each had a different dish so we could make a judgement.  We have so many Indian takeaways and a good selection of Chinese some times it is difficult to choose.

James has just gone off to the shops to stock up on salad ingredients and then he is making a mushroom risotto for lunch.  He made a pot of roast turkey soup yesterday so I guess that will be for supper.

Talking about food I treated myself to a book by Tim Specter called the diet myth which looks at the science of nutrition and how badly wrong a lot of the advice actually is.  He has been doing twin studies, especially in identical twins so the genetic component is not a factor. It is fascinating stuff.  I started watching a royal institution lecture by Brian Green but fell fast asleep when we were into quantum mechanics which is completely beyond me.

Well my plan for today is to crack on with my sewing and continue with the book.  I really like audiobooks because I can do some mindless task and listen at the same time. 

Well, that's about it time I had some coffee and got my act together. Have a lovely day and enjoy the sunshine.


Comments

  1. I've never heard of wolf fish . . . I'm glad it was nice.
    I'm also glad that James seems much better and Denzil is managing the back problem.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning