Friday morning

 Good morning all it’s a frosty cold but sunny day in fact a proper winters day. Tomorrow there will be rugby to watch.  I must admit I haven’t watched any of the Winter Olympics it’s not my thing.  I must admit I have never fancied skiing I can fall over on carpet.

My tripe arrives today and I have made the mirepoix ready so just some simmering to do.   I think I might use the slow cooker the hopefully it will be ready for supper.

Well my cup is empty and I hear the shower calling so time to get on.  I will be staying in the warm and playing in the kitchen.  Have a good day and stay warm.

Comments

  1. I've not been watching the winter Olympics either. It just doesn't hold my attention.
    Have a lovely day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you are OK, Diane. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane, hope you're OK, and yes I know how long I haven't posted or commented for but still, thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am very sorry to have to tell you that Diane died last Friday, as far as I can gather from cardiac arrest probably due to her COPD. Her blog posts and unfailing sense of humour will be sorely missed. I was lucky enough to know her personally, and she was a wonderful person.
    May she rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that. Diane was such a trouper and although we never met in person I felt we became good friend and understood each other. I loved her daily musings and humour and will miss her terribly. Rest in peace Diane! xx

    Thank you Marjorie for letting us know, my sincerest condolences to all her friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so, so saddened to read this. Diane and I go back a long way, via the internet and I can't imagine what it's going to be like without her daily posts and her comments on my blog.
    I never met her, which is a regret because we live fairly close as the crow flies, but I felt I knew her anyway. She was a lovely lady.
    My deepest condolences to Denzil and James on their loss and to her many friends, both local and via the internet. We are all the poorer now.
    RIP, Diane. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so so sad to hear this. All sympathy to Denzil and James and her many friends in 'real life' and on the Internet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, very sad indeed.
    I have passed on all your messages to Denzil and James.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marjorie, that was very kind of you. I keep coming back to the blog, can't quite believe it yet. Joy has written a lovely tribute to Diane on her own blog.

      Delete
    2. I know, I can't take it in either.

      Delete
  9. If you are returning to this Marjorie, Joy and I were wondering whether it would be appropriate to make a mention on Diane's FB page. Would you mind asking Denzil and James whether they are ok with it please? There could be a number of Diane's virtual friends who may not have heard.

    BTW, Joy's blog can be found here http://diaryofteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite agree, there must be people who don't know yet. In fact I didn't know what to do about you blog readers, as I thought you might know or not by some other means, which is why I checked every day until you started asking if all was well. So then when I realised you didn't, I took it upon myself to give you the bad news. I have spoken to Denzil today, and he was all right with that, and he also told me he had access to her Facebook page, and intended to publish something on it, but hadn't yet found what he wanted to say. I don't mind asking them, of course, but I wonder if we should wait for a day or two and see if he posts something?
      Anyway, tell me what you think, I will be returning as long as I can be of some use, or at least until I still have access.
      Thank you for Joy's blog address, I will be glad to communicate that way too.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for this, Marjorie, both for letting us know (it can't have been easy) and for finding out Denzil and James' wishes. xx

      Delete
  10. Thank you Marjorie, Joy and I both felt that it would be best to wait a while to give Denzil a chance to post something, but as I saw that you are still kindly keeping in touch on this blog I thought I ask now in case we lose contact.

    I wonder how Dan and Tubby are coping, they must be pining too for their Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also shared this sad news with you all Diane’s friends and to me was huge surprise and shock, hitting me hard as Diane kindly visit me day before to checking on me after my recent knee operation and come to give me warmest hugs after loss of my mother back in November. she kindly told me that she wanted give me hugs for longer times but she wasn’t feeling well.
    I am very sad loosing my big sister and miss coffee and naughty chocolate together xxx with many inspiring and funny stories we shared.
    I know for sure her beloved dogs tick and Tac, and basso up there and give her big wet kisses.
    Very privilege knowing her and grateful to many advices and helps she give to me.
    RIP my big sister xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Thursday morning