Friday morning
Good morning all and welcome to March. Yesterday we got the rain the garden needed so the washing ended up in the tumble dryer. This morning is grim and dull and everything is still dripping.
I had some giant couscous which I added to two packs of fish soup from Iceland which made a very adequate lunch and for supper I made some tuna fish cakes which we had with a tomato and spring onion salad. The fish cake recipe called for mayonnaise but sadly the jar was all but empty so as I couldn't be bothered to make some and as there were already eggs in the mix I just added some olive oil and the juice of half a lemon and no one was any the wiser.
As I am still waiting for my coffee machine to be repaired I need to go and buy some coffee today as well as a few other bits and pieces. As I have nothing out of the freezer I will look for something nice and easy for lunch and maybe super as well. there are days when I really don't want to cook much as I love it I do enjoy a day off from the stove.
Yesterday afternoon I watched the series of three programs about the EU as I had been told they were worth watching but it did nothing to endear them to me. What a nest of vipers. I came to the conclusion that nothing much changes. Historically it was the church and state who fought but this is now the finance people versus the political people. Maybe I am being over simplistic but it seems to be one hell of a mess. Anyway, it reminded me why I don't pay attention unless it directly involves me. I guess we will find out when it finally hits the fan.
So on that happy note, I will love you and leave you and get myself going with much more mundane things.
I think it has always been a mess, right back through history, with the poorest suffering the most. Not just the EU either, all over the world.
ReplyDeletexx
You are not worn there but at least it is a war of money and words rather than bullets and bombs.
ReplyDeleteNot everywhere, sadly. But for us, here and now, yes.
Deletexx
I really should check my spelling before pressing publish ๐๐๐๐
Delete< chuckle >
Delete