Saturday morning
Good morning all it looks like a miserable day weather wise and if we are not careful we will run out of the alphabet for storm names. Today I am under some time pressure as I need to get everything done so I can collapse and watch the rugby.
Yesterday was Sunday lunch and today we are off to Mexico for chilli con carne and guacamole and tortillas for supper. I am minus a couple of necessary ingredients so a quick dash to the shops for fresh coriander and limes.
James hoovered out the garage yesterday so we are making steady progress there and while I am out I will stock up on bleach so I can give it all a good clean before putting things out there for storage. Incidentally now is the time to stock up on toilet paper, tissues etc. apparently we don't make that kind of paper and it may run short if it hits the fan with Europe. I now have plenty of room in the garage so I will increase my stock levels just in case. I'm not thinking of panic buying just a little extra in case as it doesn't go off all you need is the storage space.
Well, that is the plan so I will get going and get the meals prepared then I can sit with a clear conscience and watch the Rugby.
p.s. I watched an interesting program last night about HMS Victory which was built here at Chatham dockyard and needed 6,000 oak trees to be felled to build it. They showed the ropery which is the only one still in operation form the time of Nelson and I have made a piece of rope using their machinery great fun for a day out. The ropery is 1/4 miles long as ships need that length of rope to drop their anchors.
That's what I call a length of rope. Would you recommend the docks for a day out, Diane?
ReplyDeletexx
Yes I would it isn't cheap but there is lots to see not only the ropery but also a submarine to climb about in and then there is the life boat museum which is fascinating. It is also the set for call the midwife.
DeleteDetails on https://thedockyard.co.uk/ You need a full day to do it justice. Food is available but a picnic might be better.
I suppose you are watching the Italy-France match. It's anybody's guess as to who is going to win as at half time. Will Italy avoid the wooden spoon? You can imagine the decibel level here with Remi shouting at the TV! Time will tell, then on to Cardiff for Ireland's last stand against Wales. Will the men in red pull off the grand slam? I'm reasonably sure you will be happy with the outcome of England-Scotland.
ReplyDeleteOh deary me, or words to that effect... I knew it was going to be virtually impossible to beat Wales, but never in my worst nightmare did I imagine such a lamentable performance, or should I say counter performance! At least France beat Italy by some miracle and a lot of luck, so now will Scotland work a miracle at Twickenham?
ReplyDelete