Sunday morning

Good morning all it is bright and sunny this morning which is pleasing as I have some bulbs to plant which arrived yesterday.  I had a choppy night but that seems to be par for the course these days I seem to have a period of wakefulness in the middle of the night then doze back off again and finish my night's sleep.

Yesterday was a day of huge excitement for us rugby fans the end of the six nations which started off with France v Italy and as expected France managed to win that one and not totally disgrace themselves.  Then came the big one Wales v Ireland both had good teams so it looked like it would be a close thing.  Instead, the Welsh were in good voice and cheered their team to a resounding victory and the grand slam. Then the real nail biter was England v Scotland and the Calcutta Cup.  England blasted off with a try and conversion in 66 seconds and by half time it looked like the scots might just as well go home.  I don't know what they had at half time but they came out and played for their lives and level the match.  Then as the clock counted down they scored again and all looked lost for England but in the final minute, they too snatched a score to end the match in a draw.  And I had given myself a headache with all the excitement.  So supper was a cup of tea and two paracetamol or as Sandy and I usually describe it a shooting lunch!!!  It's not smart to shout at the television it does no good.  I must say by the time it was all over I felt I had played all three matches.

On my shopping expedition yesterday I spied some really beautiful well-aged sirloin steaks so they are for our supper tonight when Denzil gets back from work.  I fancy making some Mongolian style mash.  Yes, I watch a Mongolian chef cooking on Youtube and this really appeals to me.  The potatoes are boiled as usual and mashed then cheese is added and a dash of milk and finally a frying pan of well-browned onions and the accompanying butter.  A heart attack on a plate I think!!!  I don't suppose it is any worse than a slab of chocolate cake and onions are good for you so what the hell.  I think it will go really well with the steak instead of greasy chips and onions.  To counterbalance I have some lovely spring greens so I will do those too.

Ok, that's the plan for today it is a good day for laundry so I will also do some bedding and I might even get a cupboard cleaned.  Have a great day whatever you have planned.

Comments

  1. Enjoy the mash, do you use grated nutmeg in it as well, or is this just a Swiss thing?

    Years ago I noticed Bilbo, one of our early cats, always used to react to the smell of nutmeg, so I tried him with a dollop of mash in his bowl, he scooped it up in his paws and sat and licked it like an ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe nutmeg is a hallucinogen in enough quantity but the recipe I saw didn't have it in I don't suppose they have nutmeg in Mongolia. However I do use it in lots of Italian things as it is a common ingredient.

      Delete
  2. We were also exhausted when it was all over. And the miracle did almost happen. The Scots must have had a go at the amber liquid at half time!
    My Irish stew is simmering away nicely in the oven, and the table is set with the 40 shades of green. It's fortunate that Saint Patrick is there to allow us to celebrate in spite of yesterday's disaster, I think the Irish team must have celebrated in advance!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning