Wednesday morning

Good morning all.  It is all good news today first the steamer worked well on the bathroom tiles and I have managed to clean those which were difficult to reach behind the towel rail.  Now even better news Meile is replacing the coffee machine at the end of next week.  I am assuming that as it is a brand new machine it will carry a two-year warranty so I will make a note of that just in case. The mushrooms with mayo and cheese were rather nice and something I will do again.  I have seen the same idea used on salmon which is smeared with mayo before grilling so I must try that next.  Dennie was very impressed with my cleaning efforts and she is only too aware of how much work is involved.  Today I need to do my kombucha which is going to be blueberry flavoured this time.  I blitzed a packet of frozen blueberries and passed them through a fine sieve which has taken overnight to finally drip through.  I think it will be a pretty lurid colour but let's hope it tastes OK.

It is bright and sunny here today but very windy, however, much more in keeping with March than 20ºC, although it was rather nice while it lasted.  We often get a heat way in May and then it pours with rain in June just in time for Wimbledon.  

Once I have done the kombucha and prepared lunch and dinner I intend to attack another cupboard but I can feel my resolve flagging so I will not push myself there is always tomorrow and of course, I have left the worst till last.  The herbs and spices need looking at as I am sure some of them are dated B.C.  When I moved from Chelmsford to Kent I threw out all the herbs and spices and bought fresh when I moved into the new house it may be time for a similar action as they do lose their flavour over time.

Well, that's today's plan time to put it into action, have a good one.


Comments

  1. I have also found some spices dated BC as you say in my spice box. I threw some away and replaced them the other day as they were having a special offer of all sorts of herbs and spices at the supermarket. I tend to buy exotic spices when I find them because at some point I have seen a recipe which requires them and I didn't have them at the time, then I put them away carefully in a cupboard and forget all about them until they are past their sell by date.
    Your mentioning passing the blueberries through a sieve reminds me of another "forgetful " thing I did a couple of weeks ago. I had boiled a piece of ham and made stock from the water, and then instead of straining it into another pan I strained it straight down the sink. I have also done this in the past with fish stock, so I wonder does anybody else do it? Please say yes!
    I am very happy for you getting a new coffee machine. It was definitely the right thing for them to do, after making you wait so long for a repair job which never happened. It is of course in their interest not to lose a customer. So roll on the end of next week so that you can have a delicious coffee fest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The closest I ever came to divorcing Micheal was when he decided my turkey, stock so lovingly made, got thrown down the sink thinking it was washing up water.

      Delete
  2. I hate to think what you said! Remi did that once, but it wasn't anything really important like turkey stock. I don't remember what I said, but anyway now he always asks what to do with the liquid in the pot before he throws it out, and leaves me to do the stupid things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do wish I'd known you when you lived in Chelmsford.
    Yes, Marjorie, I have done the same on occasion and very cross I was when I realised.
    So glad the coffee machine saga is near the end but why couldn't they have done that to start with, I wonder.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning