Sunday morning
Good morning all well I am back to earth with a bump. It looks like the car will need a new tyre and they are not cheap for a Landrover but as yet we still haven't found the locking wheel nut thing but James is dealing with that. While on holiday my phone died and refused to hold its charge so I purchased a newer one from the secondhand phone shop online and it is now sitting charging and has my sim card from my old phone so there should be no problems. I have gone up a couple of models to an iPhone7 from an iPhone5 but I believe the new one is a 10 so I am still some way behind but as I use it just as a phone I don't need all the facilities of the newer model. If that wasn't enough I am expecting a parcel with a new microwave Amazon had the very one I wanted on special offer it is just the right size and is just a microwave it doesn't have pizza settings and other extraneous things which is perfect for me. I console myself with the fact that we had a very cheap holiday for two so this added expenditure is not too awful and I didn't buy any new clothes for the holiday I just went with my usual winter stuff.
As today is Sunday I might just treat myself to breakfast of toast and marmalade as I have some of Ann's delicious homemade to eat. She is an amazing woman still running a B&B and making 200 jars of marmalade in her 80's.
As the weather was so terrible I took a few pictures of the interior of the lodge I only managed to dash out in one small blast of sunshine to get the exterior photos. They are not the best quality as I took them on my iPad but you will get a general idea.
The dining room and kitchen
Sitting room with two nice sofas
My bedroom bed unmade but lovely view of the woods
A very adequate bathroom
It is amazing how quickly you lose your grip on the house when you are away so today I am going to reacquaint myself with the freezer and the store cupboards. We are completely out of vegetables except for onions so a bit of shopping might be necessary as my veg box doesn't arrive until Tuesday. The sun is shining so may be a bit of laundry too.
Have a good day all






Welcome back! Hereford was lovely but the weather put a real damper (literally) on it, not the best of times tramping around soggy gardens with clay soil under foot. Saw some really unusual gardens, one or two not generally open to the public, and in the rest our group of 28 were mostly the only visitors, which was magical. Hereford cathedral is well worth a visit too!!
ReplyDeleteBut, would you believe, no asparagus at all!! :-(
It just goes to prove that troubles never come singly, but as they usually arrive in series of three, and as you even have a bonus point with the shower, with a bit of luck that will be all for a while. Not much consolation I know, but let's be optimistic!
ReplyDeleteWhat exactly is the locking wheel nut thing?
I hope you will be able to get everything fixed soon and without too much hassle. It surely can't be as long as the coffee machine.
In the meantime, enjoy the sun and the marmalade!
xxx
The locking wheel nut thing is a special socket spanner which undoes the locked wheel nuts which stop people stealing your wheels and stops you from changing a wheel because you can’t find it. Really useful!!!
DeleteMaybe that's the end of it now and things will be all plain sailing for the summer months!
ReplyDeletexx