Thursday morning

Good morning all I had a bit of a bad night so I am up very late this morning.  It is my own fault as I had an enormous bowl of French onion soup for supper and all that liquid had me up every 2 hours through the night.  Are onions diuretic? in my case, they seem to be. 
Yesterday evening the sun was shining and it hit the acacia which is just bursting into leaf it is always much later than the other trees but it looked spectacular with its lovely butter coloured leaves.  I thought I would try a photo with my new phone and am well pleased with the results.

Robinia pseudoacacia Frisia

The lovely weather is a real treat and I was just musing that if we had not had the misery of winter would we be so happy to see the sun again.  The seasons do make life interesting there is nothing like the first load of washing which has dried outside and the joy of opening windows and doors to let the cool spring air in.  It is as though the world goes from black and white to colour and all the gardens burst into life again.  

I must compliment James on the onion soup which took him hours to slowly cook until the onions were golden and then using one of the many frozen stocks made for a delicious soup if you then add some sourdough croutons and cheese you really have a lovely meal even if it does keep you up all night.

Today I have my homemade pasta which has dried but will be fine once it is plunged into boiling water.  Then I have one goose skirt in the freezer which I intend to grill and slice and serve with lots of salad, which should keep the wolf from the door.  There is more laundry to do so while the weather is good I will get that underway.  I have seen no evidence of rats so I am hopeful that the problem might be solved.  

Well, that is the plan for the day time for another cup of coffee then get the show on the road. Have a good day all.

Comments

  1. I think they are, yes, plus maybe just getting older? Well done, James.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just had a look on Google, and it seems they are, extremely so in fact! Add a large amount of liquid, and you can be sure your night will be disturbed. On the up side, they are good for the kidneys and also the liver, among other therapeutic effects. It's possibly a better idea to have it for lunch, or even a very early breakfast, as the French do after a long festive night, typically as the end to the New Year celebrations. If you can face it, that is!

    Which part of the goose is the skirt?
    Fingers crossed for the end of the rat saga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s what you would call onglet which has nothing to do with geese. It is a stupid name but a lovely piece of meat.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning