Monday morning

 Good morning all, it is another dull chilly day but at least it is dry.  It is the time of year thoughts turn to Christmas. Or perhaps we are still celebrating Sol Invictus as commanded by the emperor Aurelius in 274AD.  I'm not sure if I should sacrifice a goose or a turkey. I might go mad and do both after all if we are to be locked up for the holidays we might as well go full Roman and have days of feasting and general overindulgence. Denzil is the only one who likes Christmas pudding so I will probably buy a small one for him.

I intend to abandon all thoughts of dietary restrictions and eat exactly what I fancy, so the roast potatoes will be cooked in goose fat.

Yesterday’s soup was lovely and today I have some mushrooms that need to be used so I think mushroom soup is on the menu.  I also made some smoked salmon mousse's with my own gelatin, and lots of cream.

I think Denzil would like to go shopping today as he has a double points card to use up so if I have room in the freezer now might be the time to buy the frozen tiny turkey and a frozen goose.  Not particularly good quality but cheap and cheerful.  That way I won't have to think of much more except the accompaniments.  You know stuffing pigs in blankets etc.  Actually, if the accompaniments are delicious the cheaper meat will become superfluous. All I will have to do is remember to get things out of the freezer in plenty of time.

Well that's about it for this morning I am off to get the mushrooms in the pot.  Have a good day stay safe.

Comments

  1. It's brightening up a little bit here which is nice.
    And I love your Christmas food plans!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I please have your recipe for mushroom soup?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning