Wednesday morning
Good morning all. Yesterday was a washout weather-wise it rained for most of the day. We got the shopping done and decided on celery soup and then smoked mackerel and salad. I then thought I would try an experiment. The calves foot jelly is how the Victorians made their spectacular jellies so I wondered if you could make panna cotta so I heated some double cream and added a dessert spoon of the jelly. I added no sugar or flavouring just to see if the cream would overcome the slight beef taste. Well, that was a great success you wouldn't have known it was not a packet of gelatin. So flushed with success I am going to make one with smoked salmon as my starter for supper.
My main computer has been driving me crazy it is very slow so yesterday an engineer came and collected it and hopefully he will get it running a bit more smoothly. I am using my iPad instead which I prefer.
Well the sun is shining and I am going wrap my warm dressing gown round me and sit and drink my coffee on the balcony. Thanks Joy it is a balcony but it has always just been called the kitchen roof.
Have a good day all and let's hope the sun stays for a while.
Wow, what a good idea to use up the jelly. Do let us know about the smoked salmon.
ReplyDeletexx