Saturday Morning

Good morning all I am a bit late this morning as I had a bit of a lie-in.  Yesterday saw the end of the stag embroidery which is pinned out and beginning to dry.  So I mounted up a new design which I will start today.  I have only just realised that because the work requires very close inspection it always looks messy but at a distance, it doesn't look so bad.  I also have to remind myself that I am new to this craft so perfection may take some time.

And now for something very exciting I found that Amazon sells a very low carb bread, it costs a fortune but it is actually delicious so much so that all I ate yesterday was a ham sandwich.  And today I am going to have scrambled eggs on toast to see if it toasts ok.  When you haven't had bread for months it is quite a treat and coming off my water fast I was quite happy with just a sandwich.  I must say that I am amazed that people can do 21-day fasts when all I managed was 2 before I was prepared to rip the table legs off and eat them.

Yesterday we had the first fireworks which are such a nuisance to animal owners.  I love fireworks but it has to be a big display not a damp squib in the back garden.  I was brought up on firework displays in Trieste where they are set off on barges out at sea so you get the reflection in the water as well and the bangers rattle the windows in the town but it is one night and one night only - Fireworks are not for sale so the public is safe and the hospitals are not filled with burnt children.  Who in their right mind would sell dynamite to the public knowing it will fall into the hands of children. It is time to stop this, by all means, have a professional display.  Light a bonfire and have sausages and soup in the garden kids would be just as excited to be allowed to stay up late and have supper around the bonfire.

Well, its time I got going and I am going to make butternut squash and harrisa soup for the boys' lunch which will keep me out of mischief for the morning.  It is dry here but very windy and I am sure the rain isn't far away.  Have a good day and stay healthy.

 

Comments

  1. I think eating is an emotional need as well as a physical one. That must make it all twice as hard.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning