Wednesday Morning
Good morning all, yesterday I managed to get one load of washing dry on the line and today there are still two loads of whites to go and it doesn't look very hopeful outside it may be a tumble dryer job just to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.
I made a bit of a mistake yesterday for lunch we shared 2.5 kilos of mussels for lunch it was a real feast they were simply cooked with oil parsley and garlic and a splash of cider vinegar and a good splash of double cream at the very end. That was not the mistake but by supper time we were all hungry and James suggested a curry from the takeaway. No rice but sag paneer [spinach and cheese] so it looked ok for us but the first taste told me it was sugar ladened - I had never noticed before but not having anything sweet for 2 months you certainly notice its presence. I hope it is not enough to knock me out of ketosis so today I must be very strict to make up for that little error. I have made some bone broth and I think butternut squash is not too bad for carbs so I think the soup would be nice and then a salad with a tin of sardines and that will do me. I also have some vinegar to wrack off as it is now completely still. I must say that it is very rewarding to make vinegar from apples that would have gone straight into the compost heap and that is where the remains will go as I have had my vinegar out of them so it is a win-win situation.
I got my new embroidery all mounted on the frame and have started the stitching and now that I have my magnifying glasses with LED lights I can embroider even when the light is poor so that is going to be good for the winter. The one thing you need for this type of work is good light I wonder how they managed in the jacobean period when the light was from candles.
Well, the whites are on and the butternut squash is roasting so I think I have got things underway now I need to make a decent salad and then retire to my sewing which is a great time waster especially as I have found Steven Fry reading his book Heroes which is a sequel to Mythos which I have already listened to. I had to laugh as to distinguish between characters Stephen uses accents so one is from the north Yorkshire I would say then another is very Welsh and one sounds just like Ian Paisley which does make me chuckle. I am now halfway through the second half and can't wait to get started.
Well, that is my plan for the day nothing very exciting but enough to keep me sane I hope. Have a good day and let's hope this dry weather last for more than one day.
The magnifying glass sounds brilliant. What a good idea.
ReplyDeletexx