Friday morning

 Good morning all it is another beautiful start to the day frosty but sunny. I have a bit of good news I finally managed to badger James into a visit to the osteopath he has been suffering from sciatica as one leg is marginally shorter than the other following his smashed pelvis.  Guess what he is feeling in less pain and is going back again this morning for some further work to relieve the nerve compression. Why do men need bullying to get them to seek help? He also needs a new insole which will help rectify the problem but that needs a doctors referral so will take weeks no doubt.

Lunch today is some wolf fish fillets and a portion of chips from the kebab shop.  One portion is enough for the three of us and never having had this type of fish I am just going to dust it with flour and pan fry it.

As I was feeling so much better I got stuck into my sewing and made some pleasing progress. Thanks for your kind comments I haven't a clue why I felt so rough but whatever it was it has passed.

As luck would have it the window cleaner came yesterday and as soon as he finished it rained but I'm not complaining the garden needed a drink. It would be nice to have a bit of warmth it has been so cold recently.

Ten days and I get my second vaccine then I think I will be bulletproof and as I stand a much greater risk of being struck by lightning I am not concerned about blood clots.

My poor friend Margaret ended up in the hospital having a unit of blood as her anaemia was so bad and today she is returning for a second unit and an appointment with the haematologist so hopefully, they can get to the bottom of the problem.

Well, that's about all my news for today I hear my coffee machine calling me so time for a top-up. Have a good day how are things with you?

Comments

  1. All well here, it's a bit cool but bright and sunny.

    Sorry about Margaret, it seems to be taking forever to find the cause. I hope they will finally be able to do something about it.

    Enjoy your wolf fish, it is quite "meaty" and delicious, a bit like veal in fact. That is if we are talking about the same fish!

    I'm glad you are feeling better, and I hope the osteopath will solve James's problem, sciatica is really horrible. How is Denzil's back? Did he ever get to see the specialist?

    We have both had our two vaccine shots, but we still have to wear masks everywhere and keep our distances, and we are not exactly confined to barracks, but limited to a 10 km radius from home. I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever feel really safe again!

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Margaret, she really is going through the wars, isn't she? I do hope they find out exactly why this is happening.
    I know what you mean about men! Most of them have to believe it was their idea all along, don't they? I'm glad James is more comfortable.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning