Saturday Morning

Good morning all and welcome to MAY.  I had a fairly successful day yesterday and got stuck into my sewing as the new yarn had arrived in the post.  Thanks for your comments the only thing holding me back from ordering both embroideries is the price. Both would cost £340 which I feel guilty spending on myself.  However, I can justify that sort of expense as I don't buy clothes or makeup or anything else personal except for my annual underwear renewal.  I must admit I begin to panic as I reach the end of an embroidery and I need something to look forward to.

I was messing about on YouTube last night and stumbled across this film which brought back so many happy memories of days gone by.  If you are bored take a look and see what you can spot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TjRRZrMA8Q

My assortment of cheeses turned up so we have a good selection to try.  It is fun finding so many cheeses I have never heard of I believe there are in excess of 800 for me to sample so it may take some time.  As a family, we all love cheese so and guess who loves cheese the most?  Dan, he is besotted by cheese and would happily turn himself inside out to get a piece. Tubby is more conservative and doesn't like blue cheese. Dan is picky with fish in his opinion it is only edible when coated in breadcrumbs.  It's bad enough when you have picky children but dogs that's ridiculous. Still at least what one leaves the other eats.

We have lashings of bolognese sauce left from yesterday so I think it might make a second appearance or maybe end up in the freezer.  I will leave James to decide what he wants to do with it.  He gets quite cross if I interfere in his catering arrangements which is understandable.  However, it is hard to give up control after a lifetime of being in charge.

Well, that about it for today it's time for coffee and I might just have a piece of bread and cheese for breakfast.  Have a good day and lets hope May is a bit warmer than April has been.

Comments

  1. Dan loving cheese takes me back to Bruin (Samoyed/Labrador cross) we had decades ago when in Nairobi. Small cubes were a favourite bribe/training aid. It only took a couple for her to learn to sit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basso! It was Basso, wasn't it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was Basso and James and myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you in action!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning